My aim was to publish a post every day of July but I had a bad day yesterday and I had no scheduled post to go up, so nothing did! I completely forgot it was a Tuesday, as well, so I could have done a nice and easy book tag and that would have been fine. I’m not feeling great today either so, although it’s a Wednesday, here’s a book tag!
1. Do You Have a Certain Place at Home for Reading?
I have several! When it’s empty in the house and the living room is clean, especially late at night I like to sit on the sofa and read. I also have a chair in my bedroom that I read in, too, and a swinging chair out in the garden that I haven’t read in for months but I used to really enjoy that. I also read in bed, occasionally.
2. Bookmark or Random Piece of Paper?
Both. It depends what I have on hand nearby. I don’t have a lot of bookmarks, but I do have this plastic Halloween wine glass with a decent handful of bookmarks so at home I just grab a bookmark. When I’m out, I dogear the page or use a random piece of paper.
3. Can You Just Stop Reading or Do You Have to Stop After a Certain Amount of Pages?
I can just stop reading if I want to, but generally when I get back to it I’d restart the chapter so I think yes I usually do wait until I’ve finished the chapter before putting it down. I also like to read a minimum of 50 pages each time.
4. Do You Eat or Drink While Reading?
If reading an eBook, yes. Sometimes when reading a physical book, too, but it makes it harder to turn the page. As you can tell, I’m not too fussed about keeping my books in pristine condition, I like them to look well loved unless they’re a special edition or something.
5. MultiTasking Watching TV While Reading?
It depends on the book. Generally, no, I like peace and quiet when I read so I can be absorbed into it but if the book isn’t that interesting but I really want to get through it then I’ll put something on in the background.
6. One Book at a Time or Several at Once?
I read several at once, but I’m better at getting through books when I read them one at a time.
7. Reading at Home or Everywhere?
As long as it’s quiet/I get left alone, I can read there
8. Reading Out Loud or Silently in your Head?
In my head. It would get exhausting having to talk that much.
9. Do You Read Ahead or Skip Pages?
When there’s a sex scene, I just skip past the pages because being asexual I find sexual scenes really uncomfortable. During boring parts, as well, I will also skip pages.
10. Breaking the Spine or Keeping it Like New?
Again, unless it was a special edition, it was expensive or I like it new for whatever reason then I like to be comfortable while reading and I like books to look well loved so yes I’d break the spine
11. Do You Write in Your Books?
Annoyingly enough, I used to. A lot of the books I owned as a teenager are written in. I will occasionally write notes in pencil, but I tend to use Post-It notes now or a notebook
12. Where Do You Find Yourself Reading? Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Whenever You Get the Chance or All the Time?
Mid-day, generally. Sometimes I read when I wake up, I read before it gets dark (I have a broken light in my room and haven’t bought a lamp yet). Whenever I feel like it, really. I’m in a bit of a reading slump because of my depression so lately that has been never!
13. What is Your Best Setting to Read in?
Being in the countryside. Being in trees, in nature. Unfortunately, it’s not very often I get to do this but I enjoy it. Beaches to read cute reads, too.
14. What Do You Do First – Read or Watch?
If I know there’s a book then I’ll read the book usually before I watch the movie, but there has been times where I’d pick the movie over the book.
15. What Form Do You Prefer? Ebooks, Physical Copies, Audiobooks?
eBooks are easier to get Arcs for me to read, but generally I prefer physical copies pretty much every time
16. Do You Have a Unique Habit When You Read?
Not that I can tell.
17. Do Book Series Have to Match?
They don’t have to, but I would strongly prefer it if they did! I like my shelves to be neat.
There you go! It was kind of like getting to know book me better (not that you cared to!). I’ll leave the questions below. I don’t like tagging people to do these, so if you want to do this then consider yourself tagged.
Until next time,
If you like my blog and would like to support what I do, please consider buying me a book or something from this wishlist. You can also share around these posts, like them and comment on them (constructive criticism welcomed, but please be nice!).
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
6. One book at a time or several at once?
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
8. Reading out lout or silently in your head?
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
11. Do you write in your books?
1. When do you find yourself reading? Morning, afternoon, evening, whenever you get the chance or all the time?
2. What is your best setting to read in?
3. What do you do first – Read or Watch?
4. What form do you prefer? Audiobook, E-book or physical book?
5. Do you have a unique habit when you read?
6. Do book series have to match?